Monday, January 28, 2008

Discovering a Niche

Ever since I joined etsy, I have been struggling to find a niche. I still have not found it, but I am narrowing it down as I go along. Right now I love doing dogtag-style designs, and have just started making word charms printed on frosted shrink plastic. They look really good combined together on a ball chain necklace.

Here is a photo of me wearing a couple of my charms and some of my dogtag designs. It would be nice to actually have a model and the correct lighting, oh, and maybe a cool studio to shoot in with a professional photographer, but that is not in the cards right now, so I am the model and the photographer. I think this shot came out all right. I just wanted to show some of my favorites that I'm working on right now :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello - I somehow stumbled across your blog. I wanted to introduce myself as a fellow artist from KC. You mentioned that you were not quite ready for a professional photographer in this post and I completely understand that so I wanted to give you my info to use when that time arrives.
    My work can be found at www.aaronlindberg.com as well as all of my contact information. Good luck with everything!
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete