Tuesday, August 10, 2010

On The Fringe Of Fall

This is the time of year I begin longing for the first days of fall. Days with crisp, cool breezes that allow for layers. I love the season. It's the best weather season in Kansas City!

My favorite part of fall is pulling out clothes I haven't worn in months. I love how things seem almost new when you haven't worn them for a while. And I love dreaming up new jewelry to reflect the cooler season! A couple of years ago I made a fringe-styled necklace that was a perfect accessory to wear on chilly evenings out. This year, I have redesigned it, and am going to just love wearing it!

The beads are all handcrafted from black polymer clay and styled to look like lava beads, finished with a metallic sheen. The largest beads are a little over one inch in diameter. The fringe is created by hand-knotting individual sections of yarn between each bead. It is so cozy! On a cool fall evening it not only adds a touch of warmth, but also tons of style!

I might be offering a couple of these for sale later in the season, so keep your eyes out as the weather cools down!

2 comments:

  1. That necklace is a cool fall piece. I am not ready to think about fall because that means snow and cold weather are right around the corner. eek!

    ReplyDelete